Tuesday, September 21, 2010

He's Here!

Rowland made his debut Thursday, September 16th at 2:15 PM weighing 7 pounds and 20 1/2 inches long.

Wednesday, September 15th was just a regular day. I went to school and felt great. My wonderful 2nd grade teachers hosted a shower for me at AES that afternoon. I told the whole faculty that I was taking off the next day, but for them not to be alarmed, I was not in labor, just at home resting. Boy was I wrong....... Anyways, that afternoon I went to my parents house and my mom gave me a nice pedicure. Our good friends, Megan and Ben Weant, found out that day they were going to have a boy, so I wanted to take them out to eat to celebrate. I called Mitch and I couldn't get in touch with him. About an hour later he calls back and I jokingly say, "What if I was in labor?" He said, "You aren't due for another 2 weeks!" This time Mitch ate his words... Well, I go out to eat with Megan and Ben, then come home and we go to bed like any other night.

5 hours later.......

I woke up at 3:00 and my water had broken. (I won't go into detail about that.) I wake up Mitch and we calmly get our things together, he makes the phone call to the hospital and calls my parents. Then we load up and go to the hospital.

We check into the hospital at 4:00 AM. I was 2 cm. dilated and 50% effaced. At 6:30 I started getting mild contractions. The doctor came in at 8:30 and I was 3 cm. dilated and 75% effaced. He started me on the pitocin drip, which made my contractions MAJOR! By 11:00 I was ready for the epidural. At 1:00 I was 10 cm. dilated and Row was ready to be brought into the world!

At 2:15 this is the precious gift we got.....

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely precious!!! So happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's adorable!! I was 10 days early and gave birth in about 6 hours - way too fast for Ben to get home from the oil rig, but I wasn't complaining about him coming early!! Sometimes those boys just can't wait to meet their Mommas!! :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete